As your child’s first teacher you have a key role in the literacy and numeracy development of your child.
Parent Ready Reader Program explores:
- The wide range of literacy experiences that happen daily and how these can provide opportunities for learning in natural and exciting ways
- The knowledge that effective readers use and ways to engage your child with reading.
HomeworkTeachers at our school set homework in accordance with our Homework Policy.
- The type of homework may vary from time to time and may not always be written.
- Be assured that teachers carefully consider the amount and content of homework tasks.
- We understand that some children may experience genuine difficulty with homework.
- Help if possible, but if frustration becomes evident, the most appropriate action is to contact the teacher concerned in an attempt to resolve matters.
- Please show an interest in your child's home studies and in other work he/she does at school.
- Talk about school work and encourage efforts made.
- Your participation is of great importance and will certainly help to develop positive and confident study habits and attitudes.
- Parents are requested to engage their children in reading each night.
- If you do not wish your child to participate in written homework you may seek an exemption form your child's teacher.